According to the website of the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Education recently issued the “Notice on Doing a Good Job of Self-enrollment in Colleges and Universities in 2019”, requiring all universities to strictly implement their own enrollment policies and strictly control the enrollment scale. Based on the number of students admitted in the previous year, the number of enrollment quotas was moderately reduced.
Data Map: Wuhan, Hubei Province, Wuhan University of Technology self-enrollment assessment was held at the Nanhu Campus, and thousands of candidates took the written test. Image source: Visual China
1. Strict implementation of the admissions policy
1. Strict registration qualifications. Colleges and universities should further improve their self-enrollment briefs, scientifically and reasonably determine the conditions for registration, and strengthen the disciplines and innovation potential requirements for students. It is not allowed to simply use papers, patents, and competitions organized by intermediaries as the conditions for entry and the basis for preliminary examination. For the certificate of the event to be recognized, it is necessary to focus on the subject competition with high authority and credibility, and organize relevant experts to seriously evaluate the scientific and normative nature of the event. Colleges and universities should report their self-enrollment briefings to the Ministry of Education for filing before the end of January 2019.
2. Strictly develop admission criteria. In accordance with the school's school orientation and professional training requirements, colleges and universities should further reduce the preferential points given to self-enrolled candidates on the existing basis. In the pilot provinces for comprehensive reform of the college entrance examination, the requirements should be increased accordingly to ensure the quality of students.
3. Strictly control the scale of enrollment. On the basis of the number of students admitted in the previous year, colleges and universities should appropriately reduce the number of enrolled students, reasonably determine the number of candidates who have taken the examinations in colleges and universities and have the qualifications for selection, and improve the quality of talent selection.
4. Strictly determine the admissions profession. According to the characteristics of the disciplines, colleges and universities should scientifically determine the independent enrollment professions from the perspective of selecting students with relevant disciplines and potentials for innovation. In principle, the basic disciplines and specialty disciplines are the mainstays.
Second, comprehensive regulation of the admissions process
5. Strictly review the application materials. In accordance with the principle of “who is audited and who is responsible”, colleges and universities should further improve the material review mechanism for candidates and implement the responsibility for audit work. A special independent enrollment audit expert group was set up to clarify the audit rules and standards, and multiple experts “back-to-back” were independently reviewed and reviewed to ensure the quality of the audit work. It is necessary to increase the verification of student application materials, and conduct full coverage verification of relevant certification materials submitted by candidates through expert appraisal and contact with the organizer. The relevant certificate of the candidate's application materials shall be obtained before the registration time specified by the university, and may not be reported afterwards.
6. Strictly organize college assessments. Colleges and universities should combine relevant disciplines, professional characteristics and training requirements, determine the corresponding assessment content and form, strengthen the examination of students' moral quality, physical and mental health, artistic accomplishment, and labor practice, focus on the students' academic expertise, innovation potential, and promote students' comprehensiveness. Develop and enhance overall quality. The examination and management of colleges and universities should be carried out in accordance with the provisions of the national education examination safety and confidentiality regulations and the examination management regulations, implement the safety and confidentiality responsibility system, ensure the security and confidentiality of the test paper circulation of propositions, roll making, transportation, distribution and recycling, and ensure the test papers are absolutely safe. Strengthen the confidential management of the list of relevant personnel such as interview experts and conscientiously implement the avoidance system. It is strictly forbidden to entrust individuals or intermediary organizations to carry out relevant assessments such as self-enrollment colleges and universities. The written examination of college assessment should be arranged in the standardized test center of the national education examination. The interview adopts the method of “double random” lottery by experts and candidates, and the whole process is recorded and recorded. It is necessary to add a physical education subject test in the school entrance examination. The test project is determined by the university according to the actual teaching of the middle school, and the test result is an important reference for admission.
7. Strictly implement public announcements. We will improve the information disclosure system of the Ministry of Education, the provincial admissions examination institutions, universities and secondary schools, and clearly inform the public about the publicity website, so as to be detailed, accurate and timely. At the application stage, all candidates who apply for self-enrollment, the results submitted by candidates, and related materials that reflect their overall quality (competition award certificates, etc.) must be reviewed by the secondary school and published on the school website and class. The results must be publicized. The principal signed the confirmation. In the assessment and enrollment stage, colleges and universities should promptly and accurately announce the list of candidates who participated in the assessment, the list of qualified candidates, the list of candidates and relevant information. The publicity time is not less than 10 working days, and the publicity information must be retained until the end of the year.
8. Strictly carry out new student review. In the re-examination of enrollment qualifications for freshmen admitted to the university, the electronic and paper files provided by the provincial admissions office and the application materials of the self-enrollment candidates shall be compared one by one, and the subject experts who need to organize shall conduct retesting. In principle, all universities must report the status of new students' enrollment qualifications to the provincial education administrative department and the competent department of the school before September 30, 2019.
Third, earnestly strengthen supervision and management
9. Strictly implement the main responsibility. The independent enrollment of colleges and universities is an integral part of the national education examination. The main responsible comrades in colleges and universities are the first responsible person to maintain the safety, fairness and justice of the self-enrollment examinations. The responsible comrades are the direct responsible persons. The secondary school is responsible for the authenticity of the students' comprehensive quality files and other materials for the development of moral, intellectual, and artistic work in the high school. The principal is the person directly responsible. The local education administrative departments should strengthen the supervision of secondary schools in the construction of colleges and comprehensive quality evaluation files.
10. Strictly punish fraud. For students who provide false application materials for investigation, the university shall cancel the corresponding qualifications for self-enrollment in accordance with relevant regulations, and notify the provincial admission examination institutions where the candidates are located, and the relevant provincial admissions examination institutions shall cancel the corresponding qualifications of the college entrance examination in accordance with relevant regulations. After the enrollment, the student’s cancellation of his or her graduation certificate and degree certificate was discovered after graduation. The violations of disciplines and disciplines arising from self-enrollment are dealt with seriously in accordance with the Interim Measures for the Handling of Violations of Admissions in Colleges and Universities in accordance with the Measures for the Violation of the National Education Examinations. For those who are negligent in management, resulting in chaos in the examination room, large-scale fraud, and serious violations of enrollment, the relevant responsible persons shall be seriously dealt with according to the law and be held accountable.
Charity In China Reported